Black & White Role Players
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those role players tired of restrictions.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roleplaying Games

Go down 
+2
Loki
Stonebeard
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stonebeard

Stonebeard

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:52 pm

Not the videogame kind, the D&D kind.

Anyone here play these sorts of things?
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:44 am

Meh, a tried once but never got into it. I'm too lazy to be a DM and too controlling not to be xDD
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/asilvershadow
Admin
Admin
Admin

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:57 am

What's D&D?
Back to top Go down
http://the-shadow-wolfer.webs.com
Stonebeard

Stonebeard

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 4:16 pm

Dungeons and Dragons.
Back to top Go down
Tooki

Tooki

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:11 pm

I've always wanted to try it, but never knew anyone around that did it.
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:08 pm

I have a few friends that play it, but I just never got into it. I'm thinking of maybe giving it a second chance though...
Back to top Go down
Stonebeard

Stonebeard

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:11 pm

At the moment, I'm playing Exalted and Deadlands, with a Scion game being possible.

And I have to DM at least once a month.
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:15 pm

That's pretty cool. Do you have a big group, or is it just a few of you?
Back to top Go down
Stonebeard

Stonebeard

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm

I play with 4 people IRL, and 5 online.
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:31 pm

I don't think I could convince that many people to play with me xDD I have retard friends
Back to top Go down
Stonebeard

Stonebeard

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:45 pm

S'why playing online is handy.
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:04 pm

Hehehheh just like with rolelplaying ^^
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:08 pm

I'm seriously confused on what you guys are discussing. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Stonebeard

Stonebeard

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Admin wrote:
I'm seriously confused on what you guys are discussing. Neutral
How so?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 10:23 pm

Completely so. What is it you guys are talking about? So you're talking about rpg or not?
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:16 pm

We're talking about a tabletop turnbased roleplaying game. Just google Dungeons and dragons, or don't worry about it xD it's just a game
Back to top Go down
Tooki

Tooki

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:57 pm

From what I can figure it is kinda like normal rping, but offline it has a board, and there is a full plot, a person acts as a kinda narrator type person, and characters have stats which determine things. Not to mention more complex rules. Though my interpretation of it might be entirely wrong.
Back to top Go down
Stonebeard

Stonebeard

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:24 pm

Tooki wrote:
From what I can figure it is kinda like normal rping, but offline it has a board, and there is a full plot, a person acts as a kinda narrator type person, and characters have stats which determine things. Not to mention more complex rules. Though my interpretation of it might be entirely wrong.

Pretty much, the narrator is there to play the world pretty much, so they describe towns and dungeons, and play the people in the town that you interact with, and any monster you encounter.

The rules are more complex, but once you learn them, everything moves quicker, just gotta put in the effort to learn them. And the number one rule is always "If you don't like it, change it"

Oh, and I found that it's better to not have a full plot, at all. Players tend to figure it out, then avoid it to do what they want to do, which I personally encourage, because, well, they're the stars of the show.
Back to top Go down
Stonebeard

Stonebeard

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 4:24 pm

God damn it.

Next time I run for my group, I'm going to actively try and kill them.

Otherwise it's too easy for them Sad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:29 pm

Yay for siggys!
Back to top Go down
valerieplame

valerieplame

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:14 pm

You... You guys play D&D too?
All you have to do is tell me you run a Tomb Kings army in WH:F and roll Horde and I will be on my knees with a ring in my hand.
;o;

Also, does anyone know where I can find a lightly armored Tauren/Minotaur female I can turn into a mini for my boyfriend's D&D campaign?
I want to roll Minotaur psionic, but I can't find a piece.
/sigh
Back to top Go down
Stonebeard

Stonebeard

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 10:47 pm

valerieplame wrote:
All you have to do is tell me you run a Tomb Kings army in WH:F and roll Horde and I will be on my knees with a ring in my hand.
;o;

Also, does anyone know where I can find a lightly armored Tauren/Minotaur female I can turn into a mini for my boyfriend's D&D campaign?
/sigh

Not into WH:F, though I do have a small Chaos army (Unconstructed) and I'll always be Horde, because Trolls are the best race. (Even though I just finished leveling my worgen warrior from 1-85)

And female minotaurs don't seem to be the most popular of things.
Back to top Go down
valerieplame

valerieplame

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 1:59 am

Stonebeard wrote:
valerieplame wrote:
;o;

/sigh

Not into WH:F, though I do have a small Chaos army (Unconstructed) and I'll always be Horde, because Trolls are the best race. (Even though I just finished leveling my worgen warrior from 1-85)

Dude, Chaos is the best... Their main diety is a patchwork of boobies, vagoos and crab claws. Gotta love some Slaanesh. c': That's what I was gonna go for since they work for 40k as well, but I like the Egyptian theme better, I guess.
Terrible choice, since they're all about an inch tall and comprised of five very thin pieces that don't like fitting together. ;o; I would seriously PAY someone to put them together for me...

Trolls DO have the raddest mounts. Also, I am jealous that you have Cataclysm and I do not. ;~; Werewolves are my favorite... I feel that should have made me more able to have my server first race first 85 even though I am the SLOWEST leveler of all time.
S L O W E S T
It took me a few months to get my hunter to 80. And I was playing CONSTANTLY.
><

& I couldn't find one a female minotaur on like.. any of my usual haunts. Which is unfair, since it's not even a relatively new race and since they're so absurdly cool. THEY ARE BOVINE BHUDDISTS. THAT IS RADICAL.

If Cattle Decapitation was a D&D group, they would all roll Minotaur Monks. I'd put money on it.
Back to top Go down
RudeAndNotGinger

RudeAndNotGinger

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:56 am

have you guys ever seen The IT Crowd? There's an episode about role playing games and it's completely hilarious.

Of course my only experience with it was a club in middle school and that was yeaaaars ago. We played some anime based one and all I remember was our... what's it called, dungeon master? was a total nutjob.

If I knew anyone who had any interest in this sort of thing or if I had the slightest idea what was involved, I would totally want to play this though. http://www.cubicle-7.com/doctorwho/Who-front-page.html
Back to top Go down
http://flamingpie.webs.com/
Stonebeard

Stonebeard

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 7:59 am

valerieplame wrote:
Stonebeard wrote:
valerieplame wrote:
;o;

/sigh

Dude, Chaos is the best... Their main diety is a patchwork of boobies, vagoos and crab claws. Gotta love some Slaanesh. c': That's what I was gonna go for since they work for 40k as well, but I like the Egyptian theme better, I guess.
Terrible choice, since they're all about an inch tall and comprised of five very thin pieces that don't like fitting together. ;o; I would seriously PAY someone to put them together for me...

Trolls DO have the raddest mounts. Also, I am jealous that you have Cataclysm and I do not. ;~; Werewolves are my favorite... I feel that should have made me more able to have my server first race first 85 even though I am the SLOWEST leveler of all time.
S L O W E S T
It took me a few months to get my hunter to 80. And I was playing CONSTANTLY.
><

& I couldn't find one a female minotaur on like.. any of my usual haunts. Which is unfair, since it's not even a relatively new race and since they're so absurdly cool. THEY ARE BOVINE BHUDDISTS. THAT IS RADICAL.

If Cattle Decapitation was a D&D group, they would all roll Minotaur Monks. I'd put money on it.

Slaanesh is best god. But in 40k I had a Dark Eldar force.

Trolls also have the best dance, and their racials are pretty awesome. And there were no realm first 85 race achivements. Or I would have one ;.;

Dwarves are my favorite fantasy race, because drunk guys who live in mountains are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roleplaying Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Games   Roleplaying Games Empty

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Games
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black & White Role Players :: General :: Discussions-
Jump to: